Before getting started make sure you have the following information to hand – both for yourself and anyone else who is applying with you for a new home:
- National Insurance Number
- Past address history for at least the last five years including dates
- Local connection details to Powys
- Income, including wages and social security payments, and savings details
- The areas you want to live in
For further guidance on the five Priority Bands in the 'Homes in Powys' policy, please read the policy summary.
To join the Housing Register you will need to:
- Register your date of birth
- Register your current address
- Set a memorable date
- You will need this to log back in to view or amend your application or view any messages from Homes in Powys partners
- You can choose any date but make sure it is one that you can easily remember
- Set a password
- You will also need this to log back in to view or amend your application or view any messages from Homes in Powys partners
- Your password MUST contain at least
- One uppercase letter
- Two numbers
- Three lower case letters
- And must be between six and ten characters
At the end of registration, you will be given a unique LOGIN REFERENCE. Please remember to keep a note of this reference. You will need it along with your memorable date and password to access your account.
Once you have registered successfully to join the Housing Register, you will be able to complete an application for social housing.
You have a maximum of 15 minutes to complete each page within the application.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that that you have read the application declarations and that the information you have given is correct.
Once your application has been submitted you will not be able to view or amend your application until it has been validated by a ’Homes in Powys’ housing officer. Your application will be ‘Under Review’ until the validation process is complete. Your application will however be put straight into Band 5 where it will remain until your application has been checked and assessed.
Once your application has been validated and accepted, you will receive correspondence confirming your effective application date, banding and areas of choice. Your application will then be shown as ‘Active’.
You can update your application at any time simply by logging in to your account.